[solved]Pages reloading every few seconds

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
ibrewster

[solved]Pages reloading every few seconds

Post by ibrewster »

So I got myself into a bit of a mess. Decided I'd try upgrading Apache on my machine. Seemed to work, but broke zoneminder web interface. After futzing around with it a bit, I gave up and went back to the original apache install. Somewhere along the way zoneminder ended up getting uninstalled, so I reinstalled that as well. Long story short, everything seems to be working now, except:

1) zoneminder pages all reload every few seconds (console, options, etc). The javascript log shows:

"Request Failed: parsererror, SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unterminated string
Page reloaded at 3:46:02 PM
skins_classic_js_skin-classic-1544278956.js:198"

when this happens.

2) When I try to view an event, I just get a completely blank page. I can't seem to find any errors related to this one in the javascript or server log files

As far as I can tell, everything is back the way it was when it was working properly, except its not working properly.

I'm running zoneminder 1.32.3. Sorry if this is a bit discombobulated, my brain is fried after trying to fix this for the past few hours.
Last edited by ibrewster on Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ibrewster

Re: Pages reloading every few seconds

Post by ibrewster »

Guess I just needed to take a break and come back to it. I managed to find the right log where the error was being logged (the secure_error_log from httpd rather than the generic error_log), which led me to a missing PHP module (php-json). I'm not entirely sure how it got lost, but re-installing it fixed the issue.