No analysis, no trigger events?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
GordonS

No analysis, no trigger events?

Post by GordonS »

Hi,

I've been struggling with this for a few days and still make virtually zero progress. Hopefully someone can point me in a sensible direction.

I have an IP camera which appears in the console OK and which when I click on its name shows me the live view and the list of 'events'. These are almost always listed a frames: number/0 and score 0/0, almost irrespective of what I do with the zones.

I have two zones, the 'all' zone and a reduced zone within that, they're both 'active' and for the present set to the medium/fast preset.. Both contain passing vehicle traffic, so both contain movement.

If I look on console I see what I believe may be numbers of events, or number of event-capture videos.

I have it set to store analysis frames.

But ... I have lots of videos stored that report only "Continuous" as the cause of the event, with zerof from alarm-frames and scores.
I have a very small number that show "Motion: all, myZone" (presumable where I had both active) and a few where it reports just "Motion: myZone", where presumably I had "all" inactive or one of the other event types. All of those have numbers in the "Alarm Frames" and "... score" column.

If I replay these Motion videos, some have red ticks along the bottom, presumably indicating motion-detect events, but there are far fewer of those that the number of passing vehicles. During this I have had hundreds of vehicles pass, but only 13 events.

Also through all of that, I have only two analysis images saved.

I'm now really rather beginning to despair how on earth I get this working properly.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks.
GordonS

Re: No analysis, no trigger events?

Post by GordonS »

I have a small zone capturing where traffic passes the house. Vehicles take maybe a second to pass, pedestrians maybe two or three seconds. I can walk around in active zones and I see no events at all.

I have the option set to store analysis images, but I see none. (Options->Config->Create_Analysis_Images checked.) It seems to matter little what I do. I get none. :-/
GordonS

Post by GordonS »

Hmm, OK, I've just set up a tiny zone and now I am seeing alarms.

Could the problem be that I have too many pixels changing in images, so the changes are ignored?
I have minima but no maxima defined.
GordonS

Post by GordonS »

Sigh ... it's stopped again.

I set up a second, "inclusive" zone to cover an additional wider area, but had no triggers. I deleted the second zone, triggers not restored. It's gone dumb again :-(

I stopped and started ZM; I swapped between mocord and modect; I enabled and disabled Modect; Nothing. :cry:

Delete all the zones, create new tiny zones, it's working again.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The defaults I find don't work well with modern cameras. I start with best high sensitivity and then change the minimums to 1% or less. Keep reducing until I get too many events.