Unable to create users

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
jkkuma

Unable to create users

Post by jkkuma »

Just installed 1.32.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 using mysql 5.7.27. Im having issues creating new users, whenever I go make a new user nothing happens. No error that I can see, it just simply doesn't make the user after i hit submit. Any help would be appreciated!!
rockedge

Re: Unable to create users

Post by rockedge »

I don't have a v 1.32+ running at the moment to test and identify this problem.... I will set one up to see if I can reproduce the error

does the correct window pop open for the new user configuration? Then clicking submit there is no response at all?
jkkuma

Post by jkkuma »

Yup, I get the window popup and it lets me enter all the details. It's like there's a command missing or commented out that updates the mysql database. After I hit save, there's no error message or anything either.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I'm running 1.32.2 on CentOS 7 here and can successfully create users, both by setting every field specifically and by leaving them at the defaults (apart from the password), so if it is a Zoneminder issue then it may well be something that changed between this version and 1.32.3.
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

I updated to 1.32.3 about a week ago, atop U18, and it worked fine for me as well.

Are the users not created, or is *authentication not turned on to require them*, a separate proposition?
jkkuma

Post by jkkuma »

Im unable to create any users at all. Authentication is turned on. Only user created is the admin user
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

first try to use in a terminal zmupdate.pl -f and you could try to drop the zm database and reload it as a fresh start if you do not have many cameras already configured......try the zmupdate.pl -f though for sure.