Camera feed not showing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
kms333

Camera feed not showing

Post by kms333 »

Hi. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to this software, as well as ubuntu in general. So, I installed the 1.32.3 version on ubuntu 16.04. The camera I am trying to connect is a Hikvision DS-2cd2t55fwd-i8. I searched the documentation in both the standard ZM compatibility list and the other one provided in the READ BEFORE POSTING section of this forum, but i did not find the correct model. I've tried different settings but none of them seem to work. What's even weirder is that in the Function tab, it says "Capturing", even if the camera is unplugged. The Source tab has the ip address marked red at all times. Do you have any idea as to what I should do to make it work?
bbunge

Re: Camera feed not showing

Post by bbunge »

kms333 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:59 pm Hi. I'm a complete amateur when it comes to this software, as well as ubuntu in general. So, I installed the 1.32.3 version on ubuntu 16.04. The camera I am trying to connect is a Hikvision DS-2cd2t55fwd-i8. I searched the documentation in both the standard ZM compatibility list and the other one provided in the READ BEFORE POSTING section of this forum, but i did not find the correct model. I've tried different settings but none of them seem to work. What's even weirder is that in the Function tab, it says "Capturing", even if the camera is unplugged. The Source tab has the ip address marked red at all times. Do you have any idea as to what I should do to make it work?
Camera resolution in Zoneminder does not match camera output. Use VLC (Tools, Media Information, Codec) to check camera Display Resolution. If you can get the camera to stream in VLC it will work in Zoneminder.

Also start out at a low resolution to get the camera to work. Use the second stream at 640x480. If your server has low RAM this camera could shut your system down.

Specs here: https://www.hikvision.com/mtsc/uploads/ ... 180412.pdf

ONVIF should be able to probe the camera for settings.
kms333

Post by kms333 »

Camera resolution in Zoneminder does not match camera output.
Did that, still nothing. Camera works in VLC, not in Zoneminder. I attached a screenshot to show you my settings. I used this RTSP format rtsp://<username>:<password>@<address>:<port>/Streaming/Channels/<id>/
and it worked for VLC. The ridiculous res you see here is what i found in the Codec part you mentioned. I also enabled ONVIF on the camera, but zoneminder still cannot find it. Tried to probe it with both the "Probe" and "ONVIF" functions in ZM, but to no avail.
Attachments
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg (79.97 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
kms333

Post by kms333 »

Ok, the problem is fixed. Turns out I had to use ffmpeg and not rtsp (which is retarded, since rtsp looks like the obvious choice),while keeping the rtsp path the same. It now works.