Backgound filter jobs stop after a while

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
jogo

Backgound filter jobs stop after a while

Post by jogo »

Hi!

I am running ZM v1.32.3 on a CentOS 7 box and I have a couple of background filters.

I can always trigger the filters manually and I get something like: "This alarm was matched by the filter _TempFilter1552287981 filter and can be viewed at..."

After a restart of ZM the backgound jobs run initially and I get something like: "This alarm was matched by the filter MailOnEvent filter and can be viewed at..."

When I check /var/log/messages I see every minute entries with lines that contain zmfilter_X, where X is obviously the filter's id.

My problem is that the background tasks stop with no apparent reason after a couple of hours.

Does someone know what controls the background jobs? At first glance I didn't find any cron jobs.
jogo

Re: Backgound filter jobs stop after a while

Post by jogo »

After restarting ZM, /var/log/messages has the following entry:
Mar 11 09:09:00 centos7zm zmfilter_4[10463]: INF [Checking filter EmailOnEvent email, message returned 100 events ]
There are more than 100 events, but only a few fresh ones. Somewhere else I read that events with sent email messages are marked in the mysql db, so my current guess is that something does not get updated. Has someone else the same problem?