Moving to Buster (Debian Testing)?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
pgrunwald

Moving to Buster (Debian Testing)?

Post by pgrunwald »

Hi,

I have not been here in a while and apparently not getting notifications either. I searched but it was not clear on the current state.

I'm running 1.30.4 under Stretch in a production system and it has been rock solid.

Buster is almost prime time. I want to update ZM to 1.32.x soon.

Would 1.30.4 be stable under Buster if I just update the OS?

Will there be a formal Buster 1.32.x release in Debian proper?

Thanks,
Paul
bbunge

Re: Moving to Buster (Debian Testing)?

Post by bbunge »

Zoneminder 1.30.4 is shown to be in Buster packages: https://packages.debian.org/buster/allpackages

But as Buster is still in Alpha (5) you can be sure things will change.

1.30.4 likely will run very well in the new release as it does in Ubuntu Bionic. There will likely be some config tweaks as a result of other newer packages such as PHP. Still, I would not be in a hurry to upgrade a critical ZM server that is running well. We will likely be testing once Buster is in Beta so the WIKI can be updated.

As for 1.32.x on Buster? It will happen in time...
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

Sounds good, thanks.

"If it is not broken, don't fix it." is always a hard lesson to follow...
:D
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

bbunge wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 pm Still, I would not be in a hurry to upgrade a critical ZM server that is running well. We will likely be testing once Buster is in Beta so the WIKI can be updated.
I totally concur. I drove forward with ZM 1.32.3 and Debian Sid and ended up with lots of problems (database corruptions). I since have switched back to ZM 1.30.4 and Debian Stretch and things are once again stable (with the exception of the #%!& Intel 8265 wifi chip periodically locking up!- Debian/Intel issue).