Newbie help

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
look2

Newbie help

Post by look2 »

Hi !

New into zone minder and overwhelm with this and struggling to find some good and useful documentation.
I've moved from synologys surveillance station to zone minder because I'm planning to add more than the 2 free cameras I get in sinology. And maybe get some new cool features like face recognition, license plat recognition and so on... But i do have some issues, or features that I miss in zone minder. Probably because I can't configure it correctly. So, my issues...

How do I configure a filter that e-mail me when there is an alarm from any of the cameras?
Is it possibly to record a few seconds before the alarm occurs? Like 3 seconds before and after the alarm?
I won't get any blobs, so I can see what triggered the alarm. Will place the settings from the zone here as well as a screenshot from an alarm frame.

One of the cameras I need to get really close for it to detect movement, why?
If I open the doors, marked with blue it won't get detected, I have to be as close as the red area to get detected.
Attachments
Settings for the zone not showing blobs
Settings for the zone not showing blobs
zone_settings.PNG (44.47 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Settings for the no detection camera
Settings for the no detection camera
no_detection settings.PNG (504.05 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
The camera that won't detect movements
The camera that won't detect movements
no_detection.PNG (631.71 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
rockedge

Re: Newbie help

Post by rockedge »

the recording of events will have frames recorded before the alarm frames and after. this is set in the camera monitor set up under the "Buffers" tab.

to set up the email goto Options->Emails and set up the parameters and enable the email functions

then a filter like this example:
Screenshot(15).png
Screenshot(15).png (38.35 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

you can enable in the Storage tab of the camera / monitor setup "Frames" to be saved then a "Stills" view will work when viewing an Event, giving you many different snapshots of an event.
add a separate zone to your camera and test out using the different types of zone detection fields and their interactions
this is a good place to start and has good information :
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies
look2

Post by look2 »

Tried with the buffert size and e-mail filter now.
Will see if it works as intended.

No tips about the blob thing?

The camera that won't detect, it's just to try to lower the min/max pixel threshold untill it triggers as I want it to to? Trial and error ?
look2

Post by look2 »

The mail filter dosen't seemes to work.
Do I need to check the "run in backgound" or something ?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

yes check "run in background" !

set a camera to "NODECT" and click "Force Alarm" on a stream view window. This will create an Event for however long you allow until clicking Cancel Forced alarm. Also do you have "use the new email modules" checked in Option->Email ?? Either way ensure the PERL modules for email are present. But main thing is enable "run in the background"

the Blob stuff I would recommend that you experiment with the settings for your particular setup...on the forum there are some tips buried among the posts and threads as well. The WIKI has some tips as well to get you started on the tweaking
the camera that won't detect, it's just to try to lower the min/max pixel threshold until it triggers as I want it to to? Trial and error ?
yes trial and error
Pedulla

Post by Pedulla »

Note: Too many questions in one subject.

As to the documentation - https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... index.html
As to the detection - https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies

ZM is very flexible and powerful combined with the pliablepixel add-ons it will blow your mind, but... take it one step at a time.