Unable to create new background filters

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
eskimoroll

Unable to create new background filters

Post by eskimoroll »

Hello all, new user here.

I am using 1.32.2 (from docker hub) on an Ubuntu 18.04 host.

At first I was trying to get emails sent based on alarms but they weren't going out. (note email works when I execute manually and the OPT_EMAIL is toggled). Then going through some debugging advice on some posts I realised none of my filters were being run in the background and they were not showing up in the log.

The default install comes with 2 background filters pre-configured. I believe they work bc I can see the polling in the log. Oh and there are 2 components: zmfilter_1 & zmfilter_2. I created another Filter (a test), added it to the background...and I still don't see it being polled in either zmfilter logs.

Some questions:
When I add a filter and get it to run in the background...will I see it in the log? If yes is it zmfilter_1 or zmfilter_2 or will it create a new one?
Can I control the polling times?
When I 'force an alarm', will it fire all the appropriate alarms as a natural event would? (ie: can I use it to test my emails & messaging?)
Any ideas as to why I cannot see any polling from my new filters?

Thanks
daveis

Re: Unable to create new background filters

Post by daveis »

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same issue.
eskimoroll

Post by eskimoroll »

Yes, I discovered I needed to restart ZoneMinder every time I made a change to the filters. That seems to work now.
In my case it is simply restarting the docker container.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Please note that this had been fixed in master and will be part of 1.34.0 when it is released.