Adding a monitor on a new build

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
MrMagoo

Adding a monitor on a new build

Post by MrMagoo »

I have a new build of Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS on a dedicated system, wiped and re-installed according to the WiKi on how to do it the easy way, a concise but invaluable bit of reference, many thanks for that.
For my own peace of mind the cameras are all on an isolated network with no internet access, they will be available to Zone minder through a second network card but will not be able to directly reach the internet.

After spending a few hours sifting through here and Amazon I thought I had just the Camera hardware I wanted, it even shows up if you search Amazon for Zoneminder poe
However I may have bought something else instead.

The cameras I have are H.View HV-400G2 and HV-400E1 POE and I'm fairly happy they are working as I can stream images using VLC from them.

The bit I'm not not able to do is match the Vendor supplied Camera URL's with the Monitor setup form fields.

After looking at the Wiki examples there seems to be a partially masked entry for user/password so do I need to ensure the URLs have password control ?

Any pointers welcome.
Pedulla

Re: Adding a monitor on a new build

Post by Pedulla »

If the cameras are onvif capable, I'd put them on your main network "temporarily" to be discovered by ZM's ONVIF discovery. Then just change the ip address when you move them back to your camera network.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

Aha, I see the ZMOnvif script only works on the first interface.

I will try swapping the private and public interface configurations and report back.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

No change, unable to detect any cameras with the interfaces swapped it just broke my IPMI connection.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

Cracked it, I now have two cameras running in monitor mode and will add my settings to the working hardware compatibility section under H.View HV-400G2

ffmpeg is my new favourite utility.