Modect-Nodect slow to start linked recordings

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
thoraxe

Modect-Nodect slow to start linked recordings

Post by thoraxe »

I am using a low-res substream to capture alarms (Modect) and then linking the main stream to record the high-res (Nodect).

I am having an issue where the linked monitor recording seems to start very late. One example today where I was coming into my house and the sub alarm and recording caught most of my movement, but by the time the linked recording fired up I was basically already in the house.

My buffer on the main is 50 frames with a warmup and pre-event count of 25. My high-res is 1080P at 30FPS. I don't have an issue with drastically increasing the buffer and the pre-event count, but the docs make it seem like this could be troublesome. My system has 8G of memory and 12 threads (6core) that's mostly unused/idle. I'm not particularly concerned with burning CPU or memory to get a better high-res capture.

I was generally happy with the sub recording in terms of length and where the alarm kicked in. But I'm very unhappy with the linked recording.

Any thoughts on how to improve this?
mrbill

Re: Modect-Nodect slow to start linked recordings

Post by mrbill »

I'm no expert by any means - but perhaps the logs from around the events may help.
Pedulla

Re: Modect-Nodect slow to start linked recordings

Post by Pedulla »

This actually sounds like a buffer issue.
If you're hires stream is running at a higher frame rate (that's the way I run it) you will need to adjust your pre-event buffers accordingly.

5 seconds at 4fps are 12 pre-event frames.
5 seconds at 10fps are 50 pre-event frames.