Montage View

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
bbunge

Montage View

Post by bbunge »

Need a way to have a montage view like the current 1.30.4 version. Or a way to get rid of the header menu. My customers who have the montage up on big screens with a bunch of cameras will surely complain about the "extra"menu at the top of the page.

bb
knight-of-ni

Re: Montage View

Post by knight-of-ni »

Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

Why not have 2 montage one as it is and a ex, Ctl+? for full screen toggle
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

knight-of-ni wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:02 pm This one's for you:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/pull/2201
Good to know I'm still liked...

A possible alternative would be a dedicated montage viewing page that would show the monitors a user has access to after login. Something to consider down the road?

For other users I would solicit comments on what you or your customers have up on the screen. In the several installs I have there are large screen monitors with up to 15 cameras displayed for management to "watch."
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Things have been incredibly busy at my day job with no end in sight.... so in case anyone wonders, that is why I have not been posting much in the user forum.

The current header at the top of the console uses a bootstrap navbar. This inserts some javascript that makes an expand/collapse button automagically appear in the right corner when the screen width becomes too narrow to show all the menu items. This feature cannot be used while simultaneously trying to add a traditional expand/collapse feature. It's either one or the other, not both... hence, my attempt to create a different header just for the montage screen.

In the use case I am considering, the montage view is already at full screen. The issue is the real estate the header bar + montage layout bar consumes on the monitor at any resolution. Once you've got montage set the way you want it, neither of these bars are actively used when you've got it running on an overhead monitor. Hence the desire to find a good way to hide it.

Maybe we will end up redesigning the underlying javascript supporting the header bar, but something like that won't make it into Wednesday's release of 1.32.0. Wait. Did I just say what I think I just said? :-)
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/