Montage blanks out after event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
ndz

Montage blanks out after event

Post by ndz »

System:
New install of ZM 1.31.44 on Ubuntu Mate 18.04 on a 64-bit core i7 desktop with 16GB RAM and a SSD.
Installed using instructions from here:
https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2018/05/22 ... 18-04-lts/

Everything seems to work great BESIDES one major thing. While viewing the cameras in Montage, the cameras blank out for several seconds only after an event. Events are saved normally. It's only the Montage view that blanks out. This is a frustrating issue because when some event is happening is exactly when you want to watch the camera.

Several errors go by when this happens. I have spent a few hours searching through each one and have not been able to find the solution. This happens for each of the three different IP cameras I have hooked up. Two are "remote", one is "ffmpeg". Same issue.

Errors:
Shared data size conflict in shared_data for monitor 0-Porch, expected 608, got 875967096

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-825099s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

Got empty memory map file size 0, is the zmc process for this monitor running?

Unable to connect to monitor id 3 for streaming

Unable to connect to zmc process for monitor 3

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-825099s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information.

Got empty memory map file size 0, is the zmc process for this monitor running?
The socket errors are the most common. If I look for the file, it does exist. Maybe its a permission issue? www-data owns all the files.

Any ideas? I've checked all the PATH_ZMS and NPH-ZMS directories. Again, all events record fine and all other functions are working. This is only in Montage view where the camera blanks out every time after an alarm/event is triggered. I have tested on several systems, browsers, and zmNinja and all have the same issue.
iconnor

Re: Montage blanks out after event

Post by iconnor »

I've seen this sort of thing before, as a result of memory corruption. I never really did figure out the cause of the memory corruption.
ndz

Post by ndz »

It's been 100% consistent even after a system reboot. I've been trying different event buffers but no clues yet. Thanks for the reply.
ndz

Post by ndz »

I'm still working on this daily but haven't figured it out.... yet!

After every single event, the montage view goes blank white usually 3 to 4 seconds, sometimes longer. It comes back on its own.

"Shared data size conflict" seems to be the first error.
ndz

Post by ndz »

I found a workaround (but not a great solution as it doubles CPU load).

I cloned the cameras and set those to 'Monitor'. Only the cameras on 'Modect' were having the issue.
ndz

Post by ndz »

Following up on this:

Updating Zoneminder from 1.31.44 to 1.32.3 appears to have solved this issue. I had no idea I wasn't using the latest version....
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I am having even better results after going from 1.32.3 to 1.33