Setup on Two Networks

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
delpi

Setup on Two Networks

Post by delpi »

I was wanting to setup a new system on two network interfaces. eth0 would be my home network. eth1 would just have the ip cameras on it.

Has anyone done something like this? Would it work or would I have problems streaming video unless I forwarded it (which would defeat the seperation).
Pedulla

Re: Setup on Two Networks

Post by Pedulla »

It's actually a recommended setup if you have more than a couple cameras. But there does seem to be some issue with ONVIF on multiple interfaces, which means you may need to manually setup the camera. But it works just fine, no extra routing / ip forwarding required.
delpi

Post by delpi »

Good deal.

Could I do all the ONVIF initial setup from the same interface and then swap after its working or is the manual setup easy enough that it doesn't matter?
FoxBob79

Post by FoxBob79 »

I also use to different networks to separate my ipCAMs form the "home-network". I can confirm the ONVIF is not working with two networks on the same machine. The idea to configure ONVIF in one network sounds good, but I think after installing it in the second network ZM wont find this camera cause its configured in the wrong network. To get ONVIF working in a two-network-setup would be wonderful!! :-)