Camera compatibility

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
Nicolas_LesPaul

Camera compatibility

Post by Nicolas_LesPaul »

Hi there,
I'm on the verge of beginning a project student, my aim is to make face/human recognition in a kitchen through a camera.

I will use various pythons libs like OpenCV and dlib to make the recognition but I first need to collect image.

Every camera collect data through its app, and send data to the cloud. However, I want to collect data directly on my PC in order to compute it on the spot.

I have 2 questions:

1) May you confirm me that ZoneMinder will help me collecting data from the IP camera Yi Dome Camera 1080p ?

2) If this cam doesn't appear to be the best choice for human detection in a kitchen because it doesn't work or dunno why, what would you advise me to buy (I have a budget of 150 euros) please ?

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.
Last edited by Nicolas_LesPaul on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
snake

Re: Camera compatibility

Post by snake »

Nicolas_LesPaul wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 pm 1) May you confirm me that ZoneMinder will help me collecting data from the IP camera Yi Dome Camera 1080p ?
If you can get the ONVIF discovery program to tell you the RTSP path, it should work. I read the Yi Dome camera is ONVIF compatible. However, I don't see other people using it, so it should work, but not guaranteed.
See ispy and the forums. You are on your own.
https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=xiaomi

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26187

Also read the user manual of Yi for the RTSP / MJPEG paths. A good camera will tell you the path in the manual.
2) If this cam doesn't to be the best choice for human detection in a kitchen because it doesn't work or dunno why, what would you advise me to buy (I have a budget of 150 euros) please ?
See the https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Hardware_Compatibility_List.

Do you need IR? Do you need pan/rotate? What resolution? What FPS? All these questions must be considered.
Nicolas_LesPaul

Re: Camera compatibility

Post by Nicolas_LesPaul »

Hi Snake,
Thank's for you feedback!

What we need is:

- A fix camera;
- We need to shoot only in one direction;
- The cam has a motion detector;
- Movies and pics are recorder in the computer;
- Resolution: 3264x2448;
- Sector alimentation;