Bandwidth

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
stevewrightnz1

Bandwidth

Post by stevewrightnz1 »

Hi guy's
Minor issue. Under options-users one gets the option to set the max bandwidth. Is this supposed to have any effect on the bandwidth set on the main page which always seems to set itself to low every time?

SteveW
bbunge

Re: Bandwidth

Post by bbunge »

What do you mean by main page?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Works fine here.

If you change the bandwidth setting on the web console from Low to Medium or High, and that change is not remembered after restarting the browser, then verify cookies are enabled on your client machine.

The setting you are referring to under options is intended to restrict user accounts from setting a bandwidth setting higher than what the sys admin desires, so not related to the issue you have described.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
stevewrightnz1

Post by stevewrightnz1 »

Ah ha, Must be the cookies ive turned off :D

I'll test it later

S
stevewrightnz1

Post by stevewrightnz1 »

OK,
Tested and I can confirm that turning cookies on in my browser makes the bandwidth setting persist.

The only issue I now have is that because I routinely have my browsers delete cookies at the end of each session I default back to "Low" Bandwidth each time I fire up a session.

I've no idea how much work is involved but would it be possible to have an option to set the default on the user setup screen instead of relying on the browser settings?

Steve
SlowScan

Post by SlowScan »

Many browsers have site specific settings that allow you to toss or keep cookies on a per site basis. Just keep the cookies from the machine running the zoneminder server, which may or may not be the same as the client. That's what I do. All cookies other than those from the sites I want to keep are deleted when I close my browser.
stevewrightnz1

Post by stevewrightnz1 »

@SlowScan elegant solution that seems to work well.
Thank you