Screen in monitoring not complete

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Taurus61

Screen in monitoring not complete

Post by Taurus61 »

Good day,
II have 7 cam's in my zoneminder environment and after some struggeling i managed to get them all work. My new Wanscam K22 i cannot manage to get a complete monitored screen. First the screen is horizontally double or when i increase the resolution even triple and vertically the whole image only streched to 10-15 % of the screen. On both sides the resolution is 1920*1080.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance
mikb

Re: Screen in monitoring not complete

Post by mikb »

It does sound like your resolutions or video format are not set correctly: If the image is repeated across, the camera is sending a narrower image than ZM (or FFMPEG) is expecting. Then having run out of data due to wasting data (to make a wide image, un-necessarily), it's got nothing to fill the bottom of the image with.

Suggest you check the resolution and format carefully, maybe the camera isn't sending what you think it is. Can you open the camera stream in something like VLC (or ffprobe) that will show you the actual stream settings of the image it is receiving?
Taurus61

Post by Taurus61 »

I agree. It's the resolution somehow. Problem is the crappy interface of the camera. The webinterface says 1920*1080 and is not changeable. The mobile app says only VGA and HD. But even the VGA (640*480) on both sides doesn't result in a full screen.
What you suggest may give some clearance. Good idea. Let you know what i find
Thanks
Paul
Taurus61

Post by Taurus61 »

Open a stream in VLC and confirmed that it is a 1920*1080 resolution.
Within Zoneminder the only way to get a filled screen is at 640*360. It's not a very big screen but i can scale it. I can live with that. Can configure some zones now.
I have an earlier Wanscam cam which has a much much better interface. This one has a web interface but you can hardly change anything. Therefore you must use the app SAP HD which is crap. Cannot even change the IP port.
So i am afraid that i can't do anything better. But glad i have a full monitor in zoneminder
mikb

Post by mikb »

I'm glad you've got something working, but that information is so at odds with normality, that something must still be wrong :)

To have a camera sending 1920x1080 and ZM set for 640x360 capture, and the picture correctly filling the view is just weird. By a factor of three, in both directions.