Silly-high capture rates

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
SkippyDo

Silly-high capture rates

Post by SkippyDo »

I've been running for many months (all year- since I've installed ZM) w/o errors like this. Just got this error (several of many):
Camera4: 521000 - Capturing at 1000.00 fps
Have four cameras and all were reporting high capture rates. I do NOT have any max capture rate set. FPS analysis is 1. Until now I've only seen ZM capture rate being reported (via logs) at around 5.

ZM/webserver was unresponsive when I can across this (so I rebooted server, thinking it was another instance of the wireless interface locking up*). Once up I spotted the entries in the logs.

* Apparently an iv6 Debian and Intel issue?

How the heck can this occur? There have been zero changes. Last server reboot had been 9 days prior: Not uncommon (expected) to see capture rate being throttled back (though only here and there). Quad-core i5, whose loads never really get much above 1 (occasionally bump up under 2, but essentially the CPU isn't working hard). Disk is less than 10% and /dev/shm is around 20% (currently, which seems a little high). Server is dedicated to only running ZM.
bbunge

Re: Silly-high capture rates

Post by bbunge »

Your server lost contact with the cameras.
SkippyDo

Re: Silly-high capture rates

Post by SkippyDo »

I ran into the same problem. Looks traceable to mysql. Logfile shows:

181204 6:05:32 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 11 ;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.

Should I look to update to the latest version of mysql (10.3.11; I'm running 10.1.26)?

Oh yeah, I'm running Debian 9.