Continuous Recording - Double recordings

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
saunders.rg

Continuous Recording - Double recordings

Post by saunders.rg »

Hi all, hope someone can help. I've tried searching both Google and the forum to no avail (though maybe using incorrect wording).

I'm running Zoneminder 1.30.4 in Fedora (from RPM Fusion). I have a dedicated drive for the recording, following the steps for setting this up (and it works great). I have two monitors that are set to record, with the purge filter active. I switch between Record and Mocord.

What I've noticed in the folders on the dedicated drive is that it's recording both to the monitor name, as well as to the ID. I have two monitors, Patio and Yard, with monitor ID's 1 and 10 respectively. In the zoneminder/events/ folder I have the following with duplicate data in:

Patio
Yard

I've gone through all the settings in ZM, and I can't find what would cause this. Any ideas would be welcomed. I do and don't hope it's a 1 liner change that I've missed somewhere... :oops:
mikb

Re: Continuous Recording - Double recordings

Post by mikb »

It's not duplicate data, if you look closely they are symbolic links. "Patio" and "Yard" are user-friendly names (links), where 1 and 10 are the camera IDs (the real directories)

Don't worry about it :)

Code: Select all

/home/zonemind/events# ls -la

drwxr-xr-x  3 apache apache 4096 Jan  8  2018 4/
drwxr-xr-x  3 apache apache 4096 Jan  8  2018 5/
drwxr-xr-x  3 apache apache 4096 Jun 13 16:59 6/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 apache apache    1 Mar 25  2013 CAM01_FRONT_CZ -> 5/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 apache apache    1 Mar 28  2013 CAM02_FRONT_RW -> 4/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 apache apache    1 Mar 24  2013 CAM03_FRONT_LW -> 6/