[SOLVED] no score despite movement in frame and med/high sensitivity

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
thoraxe

[SOLVED] no score despite movement in frame and med/high sensitivity

Post by thoraxe »

New to ZoneMinder although I've been poking at it a long time. At this point I have one camera monitoring my front yard, more or less. Despite lots of movement (car driving by) my zone detection/alarm still seems to score at zero.

For this camera I am only using the "All" zone with a slight modification to the coverage area. The camera is set for mocord. Zone settings are:

Active
Percent
Best / high-sensitivity (the values that come from this)
Alarm check blob

I have an event where in the first 10 seconds a car drives through a third of the area and it moves for more than 15 frames. The score for this event is zero with zero alarm frames.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue here?
Last edited by thoraxe on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thoraxe

Re: no score despite movement in frame and med/high sensitivity

Post by thoraxe »

Interestingly I switched to "modetect" and that actually worked. I got some scores and some events/recordings.

The question is - why doesn't mocord work (no scores)?
thoraxe

Re: no score despite movement in frame and med/high sensitivity

Post by thoraxe »

OK, after diddling my zones and diddling the settings, mocord is working. I ended up with 4 zones covering various areas of the frame (street, driveway, etc) and it seems to be capturing scores for when cars drive by on the street, which is good.
BlueH2O

Re: [SOLVED] no score despite movement in frame and med/high sensitivity

Post by BlueH2O »

How did you get this working? I have the same issue but I'm not getting any scores no matter what I try.
thoraxe

Post by thoraxe »

The previous post indicates how I got it working -- I diddled the zones and diddled the settings. If you're not getting any scores then the combination of your zone and your thresholds isn't being triggered.

If you share a screenshot of your various zones and their settings, we might be able to better diagnose what your issue(s) might be.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

There are couple of things to note:

1) Don't rely on the presets. They work okay for indoor testing purposes, but rarely work at all for outdoor views with changing light levels. You should expect to manually tune all of your zones for all of your cameras.

2) ZoneMinder only records statistics for alarm frames. This is not all that helpful when your zone is not sensitive enough. This may irritate me sufficiently to fix this someday. If only I had the time. For now, what you want to do is set your zones to be super sensitive, and then gradually make them less sensitive as you tune the zone (rather than the other way around). To make the zone more sensitive, lower the pixel threshold and lower the Min Alarm, Filter, & Blob areas. You will get more precision by changing your units from percent to pixels.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
BlueH2O

Post by BlueH2O »

I got it guys.. It's been too long since I've had to adjust these things. Turns out I just had the wrong mode set for the "all" zone and it was interfering with the others.