Background Filter Doesn't Appear to be working

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
tommy61157

Background Filter Doesn't Appear to be working

Post by tommy61157 »

Hi, I'm still somewhat getting acquainted with the zoneminder software and I have a question, I set the exact filter listed in the FAQ (https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html) for deleting any footage older than 7 days, and it does not appear to be working, I made sure to set the filter to background and to save it, but it didn't seem to be executing, do I have to hit execute the first time? Do I have to restart zoneminder? Any help on this would be much appreciated so I know for the future too.

Edit: I am using 1.30.4 on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS if that helps and I may have had another filter running when I made that filter if that makes any difference. Also, how can I tell if certain footage has "archive" status? I noticed that it told me to put in a check to make sure the footage is unarchived, but I disabled that in hopes of getting it to work properly. It also appears that it doesn't work even when set to manually execute and with that, ugh, not sure what's going on.

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits, but I've also tried suggestions from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=24772 and haven't had luck here either. Also, if someone could tell me how exactly to look up the logs/errors for zoneminder too, that would be great. My Log button is red and shows nothing and /var/log/zm has nothing, so I don't know if it got disabled at some point for some reason since I'm not the only one who's messed with this zm.
Attachments
Filter Settings
Filter Settings
chrome_2018-06-07_08-25-11.png (14.67 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Logging Settings
Logging Settings
chrome_2018-06-07_08-24-38.png (75.04 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
bbunge

Re: Background Filter Doesn't Appear to be working

Post by bbunge »

Zoneminder_Purge.jpg
Zoneminder_Purge.jpg (46.79 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
tommy61157

Post by tommy61157 »

bbunge wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm Zoneminder_Purge.jpg
How come you have a create video for all matches? Are you using the same version as me? I assume that works from the way you posted it. Hmm, I had it set up the same way, but it didn't work :/ Also, will it still delete old footage even if the camera for said footage is currently set to no function or is offline? I tried Date and Date/Time in case you're wondering. Also, if someone could tell me how to get logging working again, that may help me resolve the issue.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

tommy61157 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm
bbunge wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm Zoneminder_Purge.jpg
How come you have a create video for all matches? Are you using the same version as me? I assume that works from the way you posted it. Hmm, I had it set up the same way, but it didn't work :/ Also, will it still delete old footage even if the camera for said footage is currently set to no function or is offline? I tried Date and Date/Time in case you're wondering. Also, if someone could tell me how to get logging working again, that may help me resolve the issue.
I do not create a video for all matches.
Use:
Date
Less than or equal to
-7 day
and
Archive Status
Unarchived only
Limit to first 100 results only
Delete all matches (checked)

Do not worry about the Limit to first 100 results only. If there are more Zoneminder will go back and get them in the next filter run. You may not see it run as it usually works after midninght.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

7 days ago is not a valid value. -7days is.
tommy61157

Post by tommy61157 »

-7days with no space? I was doing -7 days before and that didn't work, but that is with a space like I just typed there.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

no "s" it should be -7 day
tommy61157

Post by tommy61157 »

Okay -7 day works, thanks so much :)

I got it wrong because it said to do -7 days on this page: https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html

That might need to get updated since maybe that was valid at one point, but not anymore.