What are "_TempFilterXXXXX" filters?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
SkippyDo

What are "_TempFilterXXXXX" filters?

Post by SkippyDo »

I had some issues with filters not triggering e-mail like I'd figured/desired. During my messing around I deleted a "_TempFilter" and I thought that this might have screwed me up. I think I now have a custom filter set up correctly (not run in the background), but when looking in my log file I see zmfilter running "Scanning for events using filter '_TempFilter1515171693'". This filter, unlike one that I had deleted, does NOT show up in the Filters list (only the default audit/purge one and a custom one I created).

Questions:

1) What are these filters (I do know that they run in the background, but that's about it)?

2) Why does this filter not show up in the Filters list (like it did following initial setup/install)?

My custom filter seems to be hampered by this temporary filter. My filter will execute if I do it manually, but based on a proper triggering event it doesn't seem to execute on its own/automatically.
SkippyDo

Re: What are "_TempFilterXXXXX" filters?

Post by SkippyDo »

Bueller?
SkippyDo

Re: What are "_TempFilterXXXXX" filters?

Post by SkippyDo »

Amazed that this isn't really documented...

Appears that these filters are created by the system when one manually triggers an "Execute" on a filter.