help setting up preclusive zones

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
cTurtle98

help setting up preclusive zones

Post by cTurtle98 »

hello

I need help on how to setup preclusive zones to deal with the sun moving accross a room

i also need help how to setup preclusive zones for not activating when my cameras switch from color day mode to infared black and white mode, currently 90% of my events are caused by my cameras changing modes

thanks
Ciaran
montagdude

Re: help setting up preclusive zones

Post by montagdude »

The trick is to make them small, sensitive, and place them in areas where a real alarm would not occur, like high on the wall where lighting changes occur or a ceiling that gets illuminated by the IR light. Use the Extend Alarm Count setting to disable alarms for a couple seconds after the preclusive zone is activated. For example, here are the settings I'm using for one of mine:

Zone area: 0.14% of frame
Units: Percent
Alarm check method: AlarmedPixels
Min/Max Pixel threshold: 10, 0
Min/Max Alarmed Area: 10, 0
Overload frame ignore count: 0
Extend alarm frame count: 4

That is the small zone above the hallway in the image. I also have one on the ceiling which takes care of the IR light coming on and off. (Though now that I look at it, it probably doesn't need to be that big.) I rarely get false alarms due to lighting changes with this setup.
Attachments
zones1.png
zones1.png (537.21 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
SkippyDo

Re: help setting up preclusive zones

Post by SkippyDo »

montagdude, thanks for that reply! I've now implemented some preclusive zones and hoping they help with changes in general lighting conditions. Now if I could only figure out how to deal with alarms from rain coming off a roof!