[SOLVED]ZMC -m 2 existed abnormally. exit status 127. Various other errors. No monitors functioning.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
X-90

[SOLVED]ZMC -m 2 existed abnormally. exit status 127. Various other errors. No monitors functioning.

Post by X-90 »

Screenshot 2017-05-31 20.55.01.png
Screenshot 2017-05-31 20.55.01.png (225.89 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Screenshot is the the punch of the issue.

Long story. Zoneminder has been working great for me for what is about to be a full year. I set it so it works without having to keep eyes on it. It was a few days ago I looked and the stream window wasn't working. I checked and the cameras are functioning alright from their internal gui. Zoneminder hasn't recorded any events for 9 days when usually it records a few dozen every single day. When i looked at the last recorded event I couldn't watch it. Or the previous one, or the previous any. The video window itself never showed anything other than the placeholder and the controls.

I can't remember quite right but I'm guessing May 22nd (when the last event was recorded) was when I updated all system software (arch pacman -syu). Probably my ZM updated to 1.30 and that's when it broke. I'm hoping the logs spell it out and it can be fixed.
Last edited by X-90 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbunge

Re: ZMC -m 2 existed abnormally. exit status 127. Various other errors. No monitors functioning.

Post by bbunge »

Linux distro and version? Instructions you used to upgrade Zoneminder?
X-90

Re: ZMC -m 2 existed abnormally. exit status 127. Various other errors. No monitors functioning.

Post by X-90 »

Running Arch linux on the latest rolling release as of May 30th.

I upgrade Zoneminder at the same time as Arch using 'Pacman -Syu' which upgrades all supported packages on the system. Zoneminder is on the AUR which is the community managed repository so Zoneminder was updated via 'yaourt -Syu --aur'. It's possible that the community repository might be forward or backward slightly just about anything but I'm hoping that's not the case.

If you recommend a reinstall of ZoneMinder or any kind of specialized method then I will do my best to make it happen.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Try the basics:

sudo zmupdate.pl
sudo zmupdate.pl -f

df /dev/shm
X-90

Post by X-90 »

ran "sudo zmupdate.pl" and got

Code: Select all

Database already at version 1.30.0, update aborted.
Then ran "sudo zmupdate.pl -f" and got

Freshening configuration in database
Loading config from DB
Saving config to DB
Checked the monitor and still no dice. Restarted zoneminder "systemctl restart zoneminder" just in case. Log is still the usual red.

running "df /dev/shm" gives out

Filesystem     1K-blocks  Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs            8200160    12   8200148   1% /dev/shm
Also ran "pacman -Syy" then "pacman -Syu" to keep the whole system up to date just in case. No major updates.
Screenshot 2017-06-03 01.59.23.png
Screenshot 2017-06-03 01.59.23.png (72.55 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

How about from a command line,

sudo zmc -m 2

It might immediately die. But it should generate a file called undef.log which may have some clues in it.

How about turning on debug logging?
X-90

Post by X-90 »

I got it working!

I ran "sudo zmc -m 2" and it gave off error

zmc: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I've had this exact same error in the past with Arch... I checked and I had libcrypto.so.1.1 installed so of course libcrypto.so.1.0.0 was not found. Since I battled this exact same problem from before I had the IMMENSE google history ready. My fix was to symbolic link libcrypto.so.1.1 to libcrypto.so.1.0.0. This is just a temporary fix. This is probably not a good idea for the long run because another update of libcrypto (SSL) would break this again and probably cause more issues worse than this. For instance, if I mess with libcrypto my pacman will become inoperable which breaks the whole system nearly.
rockedge

Re: [SOLVED]ZMC -m 2 existed abnormally. exit status 127. Various other errors. No monitors functioning.

Post by rockedge »

I think I remember having to fix a symlink like this in Puppy Linux once with libstdc++.so, same exact issue with a version difference...but it worked.