ZM: allarm triggering

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
saveconi

ZM: allarm triggering

Post by saveconi »

Hi everybody,
I am running a 1.30 ZM installation with 2 IP cameras. Those cameras are pointed on a door that is on the street. a lot on people daily walk in front of my door triggering the allarm even if they just walk for a very short time on front of the door. This causes a lot of allarm reminders in my mail box... Annoying!
I'd like to setup allarm detection in this way: consider a blob presence as an allarm only if the blob stays in the allarmed zone more than 10 seconds.
I'd like to do this because if someone stays on my front door it is likely to do something (trying to open the door? Trying to do something specific on my door? Setting permanency time in the allarmed zone would be very important!)
Is it possible to setup up the allarm triggering in this way?

Best regards

Sarah
Last edited by saveconi on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveGilvarry

Re: ZM: allarm triggering

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Email Filter based on number of alarm frames? So 5FPS camera only emails events when alarm frames > 50. Haven't tried it but should work.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
saveconi

Post by saveconi »

Could you explain step by step please?
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Did you follow some instructions to get emailing of alerts to work in the first place, might help me to understand how you are setup if you share them. I would assume somewhere you have a filter created that has the "Email details of all matches" ticked. So you just need to edit that filter to be more specific, in your case the filter option would be Alarm Frames where the B is showing in image below. Then greater than in next box and finally the threshold for alarmed frames you want.
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... erview.png
saveconi

Post by saveconi »

This is my email filter:
https://i.imgur.com/FNzrHre.png
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Yes so checking the Italian language files you have the correct filter selected you just need to up the value to filter only events with lots of alarm frames. So at the moment you are emailing when 1 frame or image is alarmed. Start changing 1 to higher values, Number of seconds x Camera FPS = Alarm Frames you want. You may need to experiment with the number to get it perfect, but you won't miss any events on the server, but might miss the email if you go too high.
saveconi

Post by saveconi »

Hi Stve,
changed value to 100 images and seems working better now. Alarm is now triggered when someone stops in front of the door for a while.
Thanks!!