Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
romany

Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I

Post by romany »

Over the last few months I purchased 5 of these HD IP bullet camera. I've been please so far - see how well they last. The first 2 I bought had a default 192.168.1.64 address - easy to web to and configure. The 3rd and 4th one I purchased - some weeks later - had a 192.0.0.64 address. The 5th one I purchased had at one time a 192.168.253.2 address - after I reset it it was 192.168.0.64. This last one was a "returned" - so perhaps was configured that way by previous owner. I suspect so since the default userid/password would not work. After I reset it to defaults - and was able to web to it - the default account worked. I had a devil of a time finding the address for the last 3 - what usually did the trick was running wireshark and seeing what the device ARPed from. My Windows 10 laptop would not install the setup program - saw it as malware. If you run into this - and you see - in wireshark - what the address it has defaulted to - make sure that you change your PC nic to something close to it (if it 192.0.0.64 make your laptop 192.0.0.65). The network mask that the camera is PROBABLY using is 255.255.255.0 - but if you set your IP address close to it it should not matter. I'm a network engineer so all this stuff is not that difficult to figure out - but for most people it would be a royal PIA. Even for me it was a major PIA. On the plus side I got a good deal on this refurbished camera !....

Romany