Edit Zone missing Image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
mmike

Edit Zone missing Image

Post by mmike »

New install of v1.29.0 on Ubuntu 16.04. Everything is working great. The install is a VM hosted under NAS4Free 11.x.

I moved the events and images to an alternate folder

images -> /video/images
events -> /video/events

I've set the permissions properly

root@felicia:/video# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 6 www-data www-data 4096 May 22 20:55 .
drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 May 22 21:18 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 May 22 20:33 events
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 May 22 21:15 images
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 16384 May 21 21:46 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x 5 www-data www-data 4096 May 22 21:22 temp

Anyway, I know zm is using these folders just fine because after trying to edit zone 1, in the images folder will exist

root@felicia:/video/images# ls
Zones1.jpg

THIS IS NOT A PERMISSION PROBLEM

I'm not an expert with Apache, but I believe possibly Apache is refusing to serve files from this folder. I think this because when I right click and copy the blank zone image this is what it is

http://192.168.1.60/video/images/Zones1.jpg

As you can see Zoneminder has properly generated the zone image, placed it into the folder I've asked it to use, but that file is not being served by Apache.

If somebody has any information on how to resolve this, please help.

Thanks,
Mike
mmike

Re: Edit Zone missing Image

Post by mmike »

yeah, it's an Apache not serving the file issue. So I shut down zm, removed everything from /var/cache/zoneminder, updated my fstab to mount my iSCIS drive to /var/cache/zoneminder and everything works just peachy.

/dev/sdb1 515929528 496552 489202244 1% /var/cache/zoneminder

Anyway, somebody should let the developers know that this is a bug.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Using Ubuntu 16.04 or newer there is a better way to mount other storage using systemd. See instructions in the WIKI.
mmike

Post by mmike »

What does mounting other storage have to do with the actual question here? Is your post just a comment, then thanks! Any thoughts on the actual post here?

Further evidence this is an Apache virtual mapping issue is I noticed the images are served from /zm when using the /var/cache/zoneminder folder for storage and /zm does not exist (obviously) on the file system. Meaning when moving the folders from /var/cache/zoneminder Apache must be forced to create a new virtual root pointing to where the folders are moved to on the file system.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

you need to go into the Apache config files in /sites-avialable or /sites-enabled and make sure that the /video directory is read and writable.