Switch source on event

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
NoBaron

Switch source on event

Post by NoBaron »

Hi,

I tried it by myself and also googled for hours but still haven't found any solution for this: I need something like a base monitor that is by default showing camera a. If there is a motion detected on camera b, this monitor should show camera b now until the motion disappears and then switch to camera a again. Is there any possibility for this?

Thanks in advance!
iconnor

Re: Switch source on event

Post by iconnor »

There is no built-in support for this. You would have to write a script to do it.
NoBaron

Post by NoBaron »

Oh dear, I suspected that. Can you give me a hint on where to start?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Are you really talking about just watching the stream? Because that would be much easier. Switching a monitor's input will take several seconds for the capture process to die, have you update the db, restart it and have it start recording again.

Whereas just switching which monitor is being displayed can be done my detecting the change of state in the ajax status update calls...
NoBaron

Post by NoBaron »

Thank you for your help! :)
iconnor wrote:Are you really talking about just watching the stream? Because that would be much easier. Switching a monitor's input will take several seconds for the capture process to die, have you update the db, restart it and have it start recording again.
Yes, I do. Unfortunately we have the scenario that an external device will only be able to have one single input stream. This device is not capable of receiving any events nor is it capable of parsing JavaScript. So the only way to do this is to manipulate the stream itself. So it looks for me that there is no suiting solution.