Two or more similar Cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
Tiedi

Two or more similar Cameras

Post by Tiedi »

I am running my zoneminder on Debian jessie and have had already 7 cameras running. They are all different cameras. It works perfekt.

Now I've two new cameras (Reolink RLC-410). They are the same. And only one at a time is working on zoneminder. On the vlc player I can watch both at a time. Is there a problem with zoneminder? What I have to do? Can somebody please help me?
Rapsey

Re: Two or more similar Cameras

Post by Rapsey »

I had a similar issue on Debian Jessie. In my case it was because there wasn't enough space left in /dev/shm. You can check with:

Code: Select all

df -h /dev/shm
If that's the problem you can solve it by adding more RAM or allocating a greater portion of your RAM to /dev/shm. (or lowering the resolution so less space is needed for each stream)
Tiedi

Post by Tiedi »

Perfect! Thanks!

I very happy to see the cameras working now! My Server has 4 GB RAM so 2 GB were the temp storage. I raised it to 3 GB.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Keep an eye on the resources MySQL uses. As you add events your database will grow and use more RAM. If you use innodb_file_per_table check the space used by innodb_buffer_pool_size. You may be better off reducing resolution...

bb