Anran IP Camera

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
carlhako

Anran IP Camera

Post by carlhako »

Hi All

I have an Anram IP camera I bought off ebay. I am having difficulty getting the settings right so zoneminder can see the camera feed.
I can view the camera feed using VLC and the following URL rtsp://192.168.1.11/user=user&password=user_channel=1_stream=0.sdp

I have tried every possible configuration I can come up with and cannot get it to view the video feed.

e.g.
Remote Protocol RTSP
Remote Method RTP/Unicast (tried them all tho)
Remote Host Name 192.168.1.11
Remote Host Port 554
Remote Host Path /user=user&password=user_channel=1_stream=0.sdp
the rest are just defaults except rez 1280x960

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this cam going?
knight-of-ni

Re: Anran IP Camera

Post by knight-of-ni »

Have you read the wiki?
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Anran

When attempting to get a new camera working, always start with a source type of ffmpeg. If you can't get an image to appear with ffmpeg, then the other two source types (libvlc and remote/rtsp) are most likely not going to work either. The opposite it not true.

Use the exact dimensions of the video as reported by the vlc player. It might not be exactly 1280x960, but something close. You have to get it exactly correct in zoneminder. Note the wiki states a resolution of 1280x720.

We need to see your zoneminder logs if you still have issues. Don't cherry pick 1-2 messages. More is better.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Seems others have Anran cameras working in ZoneMinder:
https://www.google.com/search?client=ub ... channel=fs

Google is your friend.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
carlhako

Post by carlhako »

Yeah tried the wiki and googling. I thought the Ffmpeg was something in the older versions as I couldn't see the setting. Its actually on the General tab not the source tab. Thanks for the tip.

Here is my configuration that got it going. its a 1.3m anran, not sure on model cant seem to find it.

General Tab
--------------
Source Type: Ffmpeg
rest default

Source Tab
-------------
Source Path: rtsp://192.168.1.11/user=user&password=user_channel=1_stream=0.sdp
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP/HTTP
Options: empty
Capture Width: 1280
Capture Height: 960

Note: I created a user with username/password as user/user via the cameras web interface.

The other problem I had was an error about unable to find the pid file to stream videos. This was down to the path incorrect, by default PATH_ZMS was /cgi-bin/nph-zms i changed this to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms this fixed it. My apache had been pre configured by mythtv for mythweb operation.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

The path "fix" has been in the WIKI instructions since the release of 1.29.0. MythTV has nothing to do with Zoneminder...

Wonder what else you may have missed in your Ubuntu setup?
source_code

Post by source_code »

I actually purchased these same cameras a while back. Even made a post here on ZM forums to help out other users as well.

viewtopic.php?t=23065

you should add a "?tcp" at the end of your stream. leave max fps and alarm fps blank. Using MS IE goto each camera config and under encoder, change to vbr 26 or 30 (max fps - some versions offer 26, 2 of mine offer 30 fps max) with quality settings changed to "good".

i also went ahead closed out all other services (other than rtsp) on each camera to decrease camera system load. Another trick i picked up just googling around. You can assign a percentage of your ram to temp file system for zm by adding

"tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults,noexec,nosuid,size=60% 0 0"

Above applies only if youre using linux and will need to be added to "/etc/fstab".

Under ZM options, paths, change value for "PATH_SWAP" to "/dev/shm".

My few cents. Hope all these suggestions help.

:-)
rdmapes

Post by rdmapes »

All,
I the see that this posting is dated and changes take place and I may have missed a newer posting in my search. I just received a few ANRAN (AR-36W-POE) cameras. Used the ONVIF to get a basic configuration going. ZM identified the camera as INGENIC-V01.

Source Type = Ffmpeg (No change there).
Source Path = rtsp://USER:USERS_PASSWD@192.168.10.117:554/stream1
Remote Method = TCP

That gets the camera up and running. Set the capture size to 500 X 420. Nice HD video.