Does zmNinja have slow domain name resolution?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
SpikeyGG

Does zmNinja have slow domain name resolution?

Post by SpikeyGG »

I've used zmNinja for a while now and I really like how responsive it is. I can roll through my captures and manage recordings very easily with it. However, about a month ago I was futzing with the configuration trying to get notifications to work and since then I've noticed that the application is incredibly slow to do anything. I had to stop using it because trying to pull up the event list or the montage would take literally 15 seconds, if I clicked a video it would sit there for minutes showing the bouncing cloud.

I decided today that I'd try to figure it out. I started playing around with the config and I determined that when I used a local IP address for my ZM server instead of the local domain name for it the app response was restored. I'm guessing this isn't expected and I'm wondering if there's a way for me to determine if it's something in my network causing this delay or if it's something built into zmNinja...

Assuming that the problem isn't with my network (which may be the case), since the IP always seems to work fast, shouldn't zmNinja fetch the IP and cache it if a domain name is used?
asker

Re: Does zmNinja have slow domain name resolution?

Post by asker »

zmNinja doesn't really do any special name resolution or caching. These are directly handled by the HTTP stack of the mobile device. Is it just zmNinja or even your mobile browser?
One option is to clean your mobile hostname cache if it has a problem
https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/art ... or-Android
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs