[POLL] Does anyone use Event Montage?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)

Do you use Event Montage and would you care if I removed it?

Remove it. It is as pointless as a peep hole inside an all glass door.
70%
Please don't remove it - I'll pay you a million US dollars if you keep it.
No votes
I'd prefer you don't remove it, but I can't pay you a million US dollars.
30%
What sort of stupid poll questions are these?
No votes

Total votes: 10

asker

[POLL] Does anyone use Event Montage?

Post by asker »

zmNinja users:

Does anyone really use the "Event Montage" screen? I just realized it doesn't support mp4 playback. Before I put in work to add that support:

a) Does anyone really use it? I find the 24 hr review much more useful
b) Would you care if I removed it?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Barry Jackson

Re: [POLL] Does anyone use Event Montage?

Post by Barry Jackson »

For me it works well as a quick overview, however the blue blob sliders seem inoperative, maybe because my server is running 1.30.4?
The 24hr review just sits there "arranging images" for several minutes then says API update needed, so I don't try to use it any more.
Yes - I have donated!
asker

Post by asker »

Barry Jackson wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:25 am For me it works well as a quick overview, however the blue blob sliders seem inoperative, maybe because my server is running 1.30.4?
The 24hr review just sits there "arranging images" for several minutes then says API update needed, so I don't try to use it any more.
Yup likely (1.30.4). If you upgrade it should work, plus looking at zmNinja debug logs when it gets stuck may help.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
nrbell

Post by nrbell »

I kind of like it, but I don't understand it. Is there an explanation somewhere of what it is doing?

I don't understand how it chooses events and how it chooses what to display for those events. I don't understand what the blue blob sliders are for and I don't understand what the red graphs represent.
asker

Post by asker »

The Event Montage code is in a mess and needs to be redone.

a) The red graphs show score
b) When you slide the blue slider, you move forward/back to different parts in the event - except, somewhere around ZM 1.31 it stopped working.
c) When you select a time range, the Event Montage shows you alarms that occurred in that range, but if you are not using multi-port, it will only show you a max of 5 monitors (due to Chrome limits). The logic it uses seems convoluted when I look at it now - need to redo it to simplify it
d) It does not support mp4 events

So basically, totally and completely useless till I re-do it.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Okay, Event Montage has received new love.
In the next release, it should all be fixed.

You will see a mix of JPEG (with sliders) and Video objects. Monitors that support mp4 will show as videos and those that don't will show with the overlay sliders.

ES docs
zmNinja docs