zmninja question

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
romany

zmninja question

Post by romany »

I have Zmninja set up an working when my android phone is connected to my local home network. My internal ZM server is 192.168.1.110. I want to be able to access this via the internet - but I don't want to use 443 - since it a well known port and easily scanned. So I confiugred my SSL port to be - say 50000 - and set up a port forwarding statement on my router for 50000. On my zmninja client I went into setup and AFTER the host name I added ":50000" for the portal, cgi, and api url. That all works - from my internet connected phone I can bring up ZM and see my cameras - but the API now fails. I have a TCPDUMP capture going on my local router - internet facing interface. I see all TCP50000 traffic coming in - but NOT any TCP9000. In ZMninja log I see what I THINK may be the issue: wss://192.168.1.110:9000 is being pushed down. If my phone is using that link than that is not going to work. If I bring up my OpenVPN client on my phone than ZMninja works perfectly. I have the VPN client confiugred to use my home router DNS - so the address that is pushed down for my ZM host is the 192.168.1.110 (so the traffic going to/from 192.168.1.x travels over the vpn tunnel). If the VPN is not running the ZM URL resolves via DDNS - my ISP IP address assigned to my router. Hoping "asker" can give me some pointers on how to get around this issue. I would prefer not to use OpenVPN - it adds another level of complexity. Thanks for any tips...
asker

Re: zmninja question

Post by asker »

Code: Select all

wss://192.168.1.110:9000

This is used by the EventServer (if you have it installed). You need to provide more details/logs when you say API is not working.
Please also post a screenshot of your settings page.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
romany

Post by romany »

That was the issue asker - I had the internal IP address of my ZM server configured in the ZMnimja event server field. Changed it to the DDNS host name and it now works. Thanks for the quick reply to my question though.

So great app and thanks for all your work on it. I'm going to make a donation for your efforts on this but you really should start charging for it :-)

Romany
asker

Post by asker »

Glad it worked for you :-)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs