Unable to monitor cameras in ZmView app after upgrading to 1.28.109

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
McFuzz

Unable to monitor cameras in ZmView app after upgrading to 1.28.109

Post by McFuzz »

Hello!

Just upgraded two boxes to 1.28.109 and in both, I am no longer able to view cameras on two different phones. Rather than showing the stream, I simply see a blank screen. Logs are not very forthcoming - just show a bunch of error messages pertaining to the skin in use:

Code: Select all

2015-12-05 02:32:44.257846	web_php	2022	ERR	Invalid skin css 'classic' setting to	index.php	100 
These appear the moment I authenticate into the UI through ZmView...

Is there something I am missing here...?

Thanks!
asker

Re: Unable to monitor cameras in ZmView app after upgrading to 1.28.109

Post by asker »

Is zmView the mobile app? If so, any app that is based on skins will likely not work with the master branch. The devs. of ZM plan to announce a depreciation notice for the skins and have requested mobile and other 3rd party apps to use the new APIs. You should reach out to the zmview folks to rework their app to use the APIs
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

We generally aren't aware of who has written third party applications for ZoneMinder. They don't communicate with us.

You should contact the developer of zmview and let that person know that, moving forward, any third party software should use the API to communicate with ZoneMinder in order to avoid breakage.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Ahhh - thanks for the explanation. I reached out to the developer so hopefully he/she can resolve it quickly!
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

But does 1.28.109 have the API by default? I got the impression that until 1.29 is released the API needs to be separately installed?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Nerre wrote:But does 1.28.109 have the API by default? I got the impression that until 1.29 is released the API needs to be separately installed?
Yes, if zoneminder was built properly.

The API has been the driving force behind the recent 1.28.1xx development releases.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

Ok, the Debian Stretch package I installed seems to not include the API (though I did install from the Debian repository, I guess that's not 1.28.109?).
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I don't use Debian so I can't speak to how they built it.
Like every ZoneMinder installation, the version of ZoneMinder is displayed at the top of the web console.
If that number is not is not 1.28.1xx, where "xx" is two digits, then you certainly do not have the API installed.
iitywygms

Post by iitywygms »

Latest version of ZmView fixed this issue for me. Just released today.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I can confirm this. I ran a test on ZM 1.28.1 with ZM View and it worked. I upgraded ZM to 1.28.109 and ZM View did not work. I discovered the ZM View updated, installed it on my Android tablet and it worked!

bb
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Bumping this up - I am encountering some odd issues with ZmView (sent them an email as well). I have two sites - both sites can be accessed and monitors can be viewed if I am doing so within the LAN (using 1.28.109 and latest zmview iOS app). However, if I try to login from WAN (using port forwarding), the monitors are not loading up - I get the same effect as pre-ZmView update.

Any ideas?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Just tested the new iOS version of ZM View on my remote server (by IP address) and my home server (using URL) and was able to do all functions of the app. Also did the same tests with my Android tablet and ZM View (both ZM servers were accessible). You either do not have port forwarding right or you do not have ZM View set up right.

You need to take your discussion about Mobile Apps to the Mobile App area.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

I am pretty sure the port forwarding and ZM app are setup properly since everything worked prior to the upgrade to 109 (when I was on 107). In fact - it worked fine even after the upgrade to 109 for a few days... I have the older eyeZM app and it works plus access through standard internet access works.

That said (and yes yes I know - mobile apps subforum) - I got another mobile app - zmNinja (a new contender!) and it says it is not able to validate my API settings. The default URL is server/api and when I hit that from my web browser it shows the following errors:

Code: Select all

Missing Controller
Error: ApiController could not be found.

Error: Create the class ApiController below in file: app/Controller/ApiController.php

Perhaps that has something to do with the failures experienced?
Last edited by McFuzz on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Annnnd I fixed it! Actually I realized i had a silly typo that was not that obvious to me.
prozach

Post by prozach »

I am running into this same issue on ubuntu 14.

What was the typo and how did you fix it?