Section length not respected

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
_saiko

Section length not respected

Post by _saiko »

I am running ZM for a few years now, started with version 1.25.0 and things were pretty smooth and stable with a single 576p 10fps camera using Mocord mode.
Recently I upgraded first to ubuntu 14.04 and the available 1.26.1 version and then to 1.28.1 using the PPA from iconnor (as suggested in the wiki).
Since version 1.26.1 I'm noticing that section length is not always respected, especially when there are lots of alarm frames.
I have section length set to 600, but often I'm seeing sections of either 300, 400, 700 secs.
I'm even having cases that section end never takes place until I restart the capture. In the event list there's a most recent "New event" with duration of 100secs or so, but from hours ago while capture is still running - In this case I have to restart and end up with 20000+ seconds long section.
Just to note I'm never having missed or failed captures, everything gets recorded but unlike pre 1.26.1 it's a mess.

ZM is compiled with mmap, image buffer size is set to 100, got 2GB for /run/shm, and mysql table is now innodb with buffer pool set to 256MB.
Currently running in debugging mode with '_zma_m4' set as filter to see if anything special happens at the moment that section end should occur.
Besides, I'm occasionally seeing "Shared data not initialised by capture daemon for monitor" and "Shared data not initialised by capture daemon, some query functions may not be available or produce invalid results for monitor" which has been noted many times on github. Could it be related?
Anyone else seeing this?
iconnor

Re: Section length not respected

Post by iconnor »

Please also monitor _zmc_m4. It sounds like the capture process is dying for some reason.