Linking errors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
Kinoha

Linking errors

Post by Kinoha »

Hello,

I try build zm for my arm machine but I have 2 errors:

Code: Select all

Linking CXX executable nph-zms
cd /home/odroid/sources/zoneminder-1.28.0/src && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/nph-zms.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++   -Wall -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -O2    CMakeFiles/nph-zms.dir/zms.cpp.o  -o nph-zms -rdynamic libzm.a -lz -lcurl -ljpeg -lssl -lcrypto -lpthread -lpcre -lgcrypt -lgnutls -lmysqlclient /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so /usr/local/lib/libavutil.so /usr/local/lib/libswscale.so -lvlc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib: 
/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: warning: libx264.so.132, needed by /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: warning: libaacplus.so.2, needed by /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
I have two files installed but wrong version:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 715360 mars  24  2014 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libx264.so.142
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 624688 mars  24  2014 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/x264-10bit/libx264.so.142
How to fix these problems?
Maybe disable AAC support? How do this?
But I need x264 for h264 stream.

Thanks
PacoLM

Re: Linking errors

Post by PacoLM »

Not sure you could compile V1.28 in ARM devices like an Odroid...

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

I've never built zm for an arm device, but the old fashioned way to work around the build error you are experiencing is to just symlink the libraries in question to the name of the library that zm is looking for. e.g.

ln -s libx264.so.142 libx264.so.132 
This doesn't tell us why this is happening in the first place, so its possible that there is some underlying problem that will continue to give you grief.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi,

This happened because ffmpeg was compiled against different versions of those two libraries than what you have installed on your system.

Kfir Itzhak
Kfir Itzhak.