v1.28 compile error on Puppy Linux Tahr

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
rockedge

v1.28 compile error on Puppy Linux Tahr

Post by rockedge »

After many successful builds of zoneminder 1.27 I attempted to compile v1.28. I have successfully installed POLKIT and seemed to have crossed all the hurdles for a completed build BUT have now a /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 error adding symbols after zm_rtsp_auth.o undefined reference to symbol 'MD5@@OPENSSL_1.0.0' and the compile exits.
ZoneMinder is on an XAMPP stack. This setup works great with 1.27. Any help pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.
rockedge

Re: v1.28 compile error on Puppy Linux Tahr

Post by rockedge »

Update : I was able to compile version 1.28 using cmake -DZM_WEBDIR=/opt/lampp/htdocs/zm -DZM_WEBUSER=daemon -DZM_WEBGROUP=daemon -DZM_CGIDIR=/opt/lampp/cgi-bin . I had been using ./bootstrap.sh ./configure previously.
Now though ZoneMinder starts with complaints and the local camera turns on BUT the Console indicates "Stopped" and will not connect with the zoneminder daemons. I just experimented and on the same XAMPP Linux 5.6.3-0 setup compiled 1.27. Which compiled and installed cleanly and starts right up and Console works perfectly. Any tips in saving the 1.28 install?

The operating system is Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0 CE built with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS trusty tahr packages 3.14.20 kernel
which makes this an Upup.
rockedge

Re: v1.28 compile error on Puppy Linux Tahr (SOLVED)

Post by rockedge »

After some tinkering I was able to compile version 1.28 (configure 2 crucial symlinks) and the console runs and zoneminder starts. So far every works.
ZoneMinder v1.28
OS : Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0 CE with libpolkitgobject-1-dev_0.105-3_i386.deb
XAMPP Linux 5.6.3-0
cmake -DZM_WEBDIR=/opt/lamp/htdocs/zm -DZM_CGIDIR=/opt/lampp/cgi-bin -DZM_WEB_USER=daemon -DZM_WEB_GROUP=daemon -DZM_CONTENTDIR=/ot/lampp/var/zoneminder ./