Still Image URL

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
jh71283

Still Image URL

Post by jh71283 »

Hi all, hope you can help.

I am looking for a way to get a snapshot from zoneminder.

Every google result I can find is detailing how to get images into zoneminder using snapshot URL's, but I need it the other way.

Thanks
knight-of-ni

Re: Still Image URL

Post by knight-of-ni »

I'm not sure I understand under what conditions you want to have these stills, but when you are viewing a recorded event, simply click the "stills" link towards the top of the playback window.

Alternatively, you could always browse the images folder directly. Zoneminder records jpg's to disk, but the trick with this method is finding the particular one you are interested in.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
jh71283

Post by jh71283 »

My use case is that I want to have a picture from my front door emailed to me when the doorbell rings.

I have everything I need in place for this to happen, except I need to retrieve the image via a URL.

I can't get a snapshot from my camera, as it doesn't support it. (Cheap chinese IP cam, thank goodness for your libvlc integration!)
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Provided you can create an event filter for the event you are interested in (e.g. door bell button) and the e-mail settings under options have been filled in, zoneminder should automatically e-mail the event details and include a snapshot of the event.
It does all the hard work for you.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/