Filter on monitor name does not appear to work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
carcachute

Filter on monitor name does not appear to work

Post by carcachute »

I have monitors named Garage0 and Garage1. Both have hundreds of events.

I want to create a filter that e-mails me any time there is activity on those monitors. I created a filter:

Monitor Name equal to Garage0
Sort by Date/Time Asc

When I click Submit, I get 0 events. I also get 0 events for any monitor name I put into the filter.

What am I missing here? Is filtering only on monitor name broken? I can find events for any criteria EXCEPT the monitor name.
Last edited by carcachute on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sogood007

Re: Filter on monitor name does not appear to work

Post by sogood007 »

carcachute wrote:I have monitors named Garage0 and Garage1. Both have hundreds of events.

I want to create a filter that e-mails me any time there is activity on those monitors. I created a filter:

Monitor Id equal to Garage0
Sort by Date/Time Asc

When I click Submit, I get 0 events. I also get 0 events for any monitor name I put into the filter.

What am I missing here? Is filtering only on monitor name broken? I can find events for any criteria EXCEPT the monitor name.
Do you really mean Monitor Id or Monitor Name? The former is a number and the later probably is the name. Disclaimer: I haven't used either in my filter
carcachute

Post by carcachute »

sogood007 wrote:
carcachute wrote: Do you really mean Monitor Id or Monitor Name? The former is a number and the later probably is the name. Disclaimer: I haven't used either in my filter
Sorry, I meant Monitor Name. I tried both!
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Working fine for me. I was surprised to notice that the filter does not appear to be case sensistive either. I can search on "shed" or "Shed" and still get the same results.

What version of zoneminder are you using and on what distro?
Are there any errors in your log when you run the filter?
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
carcachute

Post by carcachute »

knnniggett wrote:Working fine for me. I was surprised to notice that the filter does not appear to be case sensistive either. I can search on "shed" or "Shed" and still get the same results.

What version of zoneminder are you using and on what distro?
Are there any errors in your log when you run the filter?
I'm using Zoneminder 1.27.99 on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS x86_64, installed with the stock package. I don't see any errors in the log when I submit the query. The filter is

Monitor Name matches Garage1
and all the checkboxes are left unchecked.

Using the numeric ID of the monitor does work.