Zoneminder Version v1.27.99.0

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
pete_c

Zoneminder Version v1.27.99.0

Post by pete_c »

Been testing on Ubuntu 14.04 / 64 bit and updating when available updates were there on two machines.

Noticed today the above beta 1.27.99.0 motion events/alarm stuff doesn't work. Also noticed after updating all ancillary events have disappeared.

I have a zoned areas for events for every camera configured.

That said I can manually trigger an alarm event and that works fine.

I am not sure if this is the place to post what I see with the most current beta versions of Zoneminder.
Zoneminder User

Box #1 and # 2 - Intel Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
Box #3 - AMD Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
Moved rest of analogue cams to Axis Servers and Grandstream cams.
expertpc

Re: Zoneminder Version v1.27.99.0

Post by expertpc »

I just did the 14.04 upgrade on my 12.04 system and went from 1.25 to 1.26.5 with the upgrade then to 1.27.99 yesterday. With the old version everything was great but with the newer versions it is a constant alarm when the lights are off or the camera is moved to one of the other presets whereas it worked before. My thinking is that there may be an issue (or feature) that using your old settings could cause a problem but I can't verify that. Just wanted to share where I was and that you aren't alone on issues with this latest version.
Steve B
General Manager
Expert PC
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

For bugs you should post at the git site, the more detail the better: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues

Did you build the installed version from source or did you use someones deb package? My home server is on the current git code and I have not had any issues that I noticed but I will double check for the issue you mentioned.
pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Yup here built the new Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit build from scratch on two boxes. I have split up the analog from the IP HD cams now. Both boxes are doing the same thing as of the most recent update. Will post over at link provided.

I did add the current git code and links to update it when there is new stuff.
Zoneminder User

Box #1 and # 2 - Intel Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
Box #3 - AMD Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I just double checked my home system as I just built .99 on it a few days ago and had not really paid much attention to it. I am getting motion events but I run 'mocord' on everything as I prefer to have 24x7 video with highlighted events.
pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Thank-you linuxsense. Yup here just tried 'mocord' and it works fine.
Zoneminder User

pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Box #2 started to work on its own; sans any touching. All of the ancillary events just showed up and alarms are working again.

I played with the DB on box #1 which I probably should not have done. I am seeing occasional event alarms.

That said it's nothing to rebuild the box from scratch which I will do in the next couple of days.
Zoneminder User

linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Its always funny how quickly you can just re-do everything from scratch after hacking on ZM for a while, and often when building software with a lot of specific dependencies its a good move when you hit a wall especially if you might have some old libs lurking around.

For DB issues I will usually just dump the database and create a fresh one since re-configuring the cameras (at least on the system I have at my home) only takes a few minutes. I will move the 'events' dir out of the way and create an empty one. That way I can just restore the DB and the events if required. I do nightly dumps of the ZM DB so I always have a backup if needed. The current DB gets dumped and compressed to a dir on another RAID array and prior to the next backup the previous backup gets moved to an archive. Works well. I started doing that after a power outage absolutely hosed the ZM DB as it was on a caching RAID card that had a bad battery. That got ugly.
pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Thank you linuxsense.

I am rambling now.....

Yup here trying to wean myself off of the analog cams / capture card moving towards pure IP HD stuff.

I recreated the events on the legacy analog box this morning and now seeing said events which works for me.

Currently my analog cams are combo Optex. These are very nicely built cams. Over the years I have updated the camera boards / lens et al. Most recently looking to refit them with IP HD boards and lens. It shouldn't be too difficult. I like the design better than the newer combo Optex HD IP cams; but that is me.

That said on the IP side have a few MFG's cams but mostly playing with Grandstream IP HD cameras. (Pieces of these boards, lens et al are all over my tinkering workbench). Concurrently using a Grandstream decoder / encoder board which helps me with my little endeavor.

The above noted I am also upgrading my legacy CCTV Leviton HAI stuff using both analog and IP and mixing this with legacy Omnitouch screens (doing CCTV) and newer IP Omnitouch screens (also doing CCTV).

The HAI stuff is one part of my automation and I utilize software for the other pieces of my automation.
Zoneminder User

linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I still have a couple analog cams but after discovering a good source of outdoor HD IP cams for under $40 I have replaced most of them. The only two analogs I still run are only still in service as they have 1.6 or 1.8MM lenses (cant remember) and are perfect for our front and rear door as they have such a crazy wide angle view. And frankly for those two spots the lower resolution is fine. As a bonus they are also super tiny and seldom noticed. For the other cams the high resolution is just a massive improvement as they need to monitor a lot of territory and with the aid of a some $15 IR illuminators they have insane performance at night. Looks like a sunny day but in black and white.
pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Thank-you Linuxsense.

Yup here mostly playing with the camera boards with the same OS.

Can you please post source for the $40 IP cams?
Zoneminder User