A copy of a virtual machine I test ZM in available

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
DALDON

Re: A copy of a virtual machine I test ZM in available

Post by DALDON »

linuxsense wrote:I have a virtual machine image of Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest ZoneMinder built from source that includes a good version of ffmpeg, x264, libvlc, libjpeg-turbo, etc. Its a pretty minimal Ubuntu installation but its ready to run, just add your cameras. The source is included in /usr/local/src. If this might help some of you with your own builds, great, but it should also work if you just want to use it as-is. If you want to play with it you can get it here:
Thank for you job. I'll test it. What you think about use it it production? :) If it works, I'll to convert it from VM to real hardware and use it for day to day. :)
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

DALDON wrote:
linuxsense wrote:I have a virtual machine image of Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest ZoneMinder built from source that includes a good version of ffmpeg, x264, libvlc, libjpeg-turbo, etc. Its a pretty minimal Ubuntu installation but its ready to run, just add your cameras. The source is included in /usr/local/src. If this might help some of you with your own builds, great, but it should also work if you just want to use it as-is. If you want to play with it you can get it here:
Thank for you job. I'll test it. What you think about use it it production? :) If it works, I'll to convert it from VM to real hardware and use it for day to day. :)
Its the same basic setup I use on physical boxes so it should be production ready but it might be easier to just rsync /usr/local/src, the configs (/etc/ and such), and duplicate the installed packages to a minimal 14.04 server install instead of converting from a VM to real hardware. Or maybe not, its been years since I attempted to convert a VM to a 'real' box...perhaps its easier now.
DALDON

Post by DALDON »

linuxsense wrote:
DALDON wrote:
Its the same basic setup I use on physical boxes so it should be production ready but it might be easier to just rsync /usr/local/src, the configs (/etc/ and such), and duplicate the installed packages to a minimal 14.04 server install instead of converting from a VM to real hardware. Or maybe not, its been years since I attempted to convert a VM to a 'real' box...perhaps its easier now.
I moved from VBox to real HW. It works for me. :) I plan to go my production now.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I moved from VBox to real HW. It works for me. :) I plan to go my production now.
Nice. Its working well?
Last edited by linuxsense on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Thanks for putting this together, linuxsense. I don't have a need for this myself, but I'm willing to seed to make the download quicker for others.

If I ever get the time, I'll edit the ovf file to make it compatible with vmware. You can then ship your image with two ovf files and let the end user decide which one to use.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

knnniggett wrote:Thanks for putting this together, linuxsense. I don't have a need for this myself, but I'm willing to seed to make the download quicker for others.

If I ever get the time, I'll edit the ovf file to make it compatible with vmware. You can then ship your image with two ovf files and let the end user decide which one to use.
Right on. I have been meaning to take care of the vmware compatibility issues but I have just been too busy with IT work I actually get paid for ;)
DALDON

Post by DALDON »

linuxsense wrote:
Nice. Its working well?
Not so... Can you help me? :) It works fine, but I have problem with timeline.

In your VM you setup your time zone, but I need to setup Europe/Moscow. I'm not shure about relation this, but my timeline shows me '-13' hour from my time... For example: if I have 11.00 PM (europe/moscow) in my ubuntu, events timeline shows me only last event at 10.00 AM. I'm not shure how I can fix it. I try to setup my.cf for global time zone without success. I'll glad for you help.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

I cant look into it in detail right now but my initial guess is the systems timezone info needs uodating for your region. I can look into it in a few hours.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Check timezone settings in php.ini
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
DALDON

Post by DALDON »

knnniggett wrote:Check timezone settings in php.ini
Thank you! It was USA time zone in my php.ini. I fixed it. 8)