Does ZoneMinder support Webpage integration?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
vino

Does ZoneMinder support Webpage integration?

Post by vino »

Hi Everyone,

Can someone advise me ?

I am planning to create a website where I can show video stream from the camera so I was wondering to use Zoneminder at the backend and wanted to know if zoneminder support/allow the any website to retrieve data from it.

I am not a web developer, so just wanted to know if this is technically possible ?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
rceccleston

Re: Does ZoneMinder support Webpage integration?

Post by rceccleston »

vino wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can someone advise me ?

I am planning to create a website where I can show video stream from the camera so I was wondering to use Zoneminder at the backend and wanted to know if zoneminder support/allow the any website to retrieve data from it.

I am not a web developer, so just wanted to know if this is technically possible ?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
A live video stream could be displayed within a webpage directly from an IP camera that produces still JPEG images.

ZoneMinder could be integrated within a frame and restricted by user credentials, but then this would over complicated things.
linuxsense

Re: Does ZoneMinder support Webpage integration?

Post by linuxsense »

Sure, you can embed a live feed of one (or more) of your zoneminder monitors in a webpage. If your webserver is local to the ZM box and the ZM box is well isolated you can do it without using authentication but if you do require authentication you will need to change the settings in ZM to use 'none' as the AUTH_RELAY option to keep things simple. That way you can send the auth info in the URL to the ZM stream. Of course, this info would be viewable by anyone that looks at your source, so you might need to restrict access to the ZM box by IP address with either iptables (preferred IMO) or in Apache. Here is an example of a custom montage page I use on a dedicated wall mounted display in my office to show the cams from one of my ZM systems, you can use a similar technique to do what you want:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/651 ... e.html.txt