Waiting for available socket

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
computergeek318

Waiting for available socket

Post by computergeek318 »

I'm running Zoneminder 1.27 on Ubuntu 12.04. I'm running into an issue when I access montage using Chrome. I can only see 6 of my cameras and the rest are blank. I keep the montage window open and try to view the stream for another monitor and I get the message "Waiting for available socket". I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that limits the number of sockets in the /tmp/zm folder. I've been searching the internet for days looking for this.

I am relatively a noob when it comes to linux.
knight-of-ni

Re: Waiting for available socket

Post by knight-of-ni »

That is a hard coded limitation in Chrome.
Try using Firefox after you've made the follow change:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... FireFox.3F
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
computergeek318

Post by computergeek318 »

Thanks for the help. Been racking my brain over this for days.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Yep, its a hard limit in Chrome, and Google wont be changing it especially since HTTP 1.2 specs 'recommend' only allowing 2 sockets per server. A shame since running my custom montage page with 6 cams using Chrome (with gpu acceleration enabled) uses way less CPU than Firefox when running the same montage page. It works fine for my dedicated display in my office (running on the same server that runs ZM) since that ZM box only has 6 cams but I would love to use Chrome on other servers with more cams in a similar way. Oh well. One option I played around with but never really got sorted out was to build a montage view for VLC to use it to display over 6 feeds at once but the documentation on getting that done with newer builds of VLC is sparse and I havent had the time to try and get it working, spent too much time on it already. You might want to look into it though.
aalayahc

Post by aalayahc »

Waiting for available sockets error on chrome basically happens due to overload images and data saved on chrome.Cookies and images saved on chrome once gets in huge it creates this error.Solution for http://www.fixotip.com/how-to-fix-error ... le-chrome/ is very easy just open previous this url and follow the steps.

Whenever we do open any site it saves some cookies and images as temporary on browser.For the time being it reaches into overload and creates available socket error.and it will show in the bottom left corner of the screen.