Shared data size conflict in shared_data using libvlc

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
CKrypto

Shared data size conflict in shared_data using libvlc

Post by CKrypto »

So, I've recently updated to 1.27 and everything is is running much quicker than on 1.25 which I am happy about, however, I am constantly getting an error on two of the cameras that are using Libvlc as the 'Source Type':

Code: Select all

2014-05-19 18:12:12.096070	zmwatch	17594	ERR	Shared data size conflict in shared_data for monitor EastGate, expected 336, got 913846363	zmwatch.pl
This error doesn't happen with a third camera that is not using Libvlc as the Source Type. If I switch it back to a source type of 'Remote', the error goes away so I am fairly certain the Libvlc is the source of the issue.

The error doesn't seem to be causing an other issues as they both are viewable and able to record events, etc, however, they do seem to be randomly unreachable which makes me wonder if it is a contributing force behind it.

I've googled and tried to modify the Memory.pm file as suggested, but this makes no difference whatsoever.

Is anyone encountering this issue? Any ideas on where to begin troubleshooting it?

Thanks in advance!
iconnor

Re: Shared data size conflict in shared_data using libvlc

Post by iconnor »

This tells mem that there is something seriously wrong like an integer overflow or something. So 336 is 336 bytes.. and 913846363 is almost a Gig... the first might be the size of the initial Monitor data struct, the second might include all the buffer space used... but they really need to agree.

The vlc code is pretty new, so bugs are entirely likely. I'll bump IRC and see if someone in the know can look at it.
rceccleston

Re: Shared data size conflict in shared_data using libvlc

Post by rceccleston »

My installation is also experiencing a similar issue with various end values.

Shared data size conflict in shared_data for monitor Gate, expected 336, got 101057797

Any suggestions?