zoneminder service is disabled

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
rodeored

zoneminder service is disabled

Post by rodeored »

I'm using a breand new installation of Fedora 20/
The service will not start - mariadb is enabled but mysqld is not enabled. I wonder if that has something to do with the problem. If that is the problem how would I fix it, and if not, What IS the problem?

COMMAND: systemctl start zoneminder service

Failed to issue method call: Unit service.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Job for zoneminder.service failed. See 'systemctl status zoneminder.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

COMMAND systemctl status zoneminder.service
zoneminder.service - Video security and surveillance system
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/zoneminder.service; disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2014-04-30 16:39:01 EDT; 36s ago
Process: 3311 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=2)

Apr 30 16:39:01 localhost.localdomain zmpkg.pl[3311]: Bareword "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 153.
Apr 30 16:39:01 localhost.localdomain zmpkg.pl[3311]: BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 168.
Apr 30 16:39:01 localhost.localdomain zmpkg.pl[3311]: Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
Apr 30 16:39:01 localhost.localdomain zmpkg.pl[3311]: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ZoneMinder.pm line 34.
"mylog" [readonly] 18L, 1874C 1,1 Top
jHeron

Re: zoneminder service is disabled

Post by jHeron »

The service is not currently working. You need to start it with

Code: Select all

sudo zmpkg.pl start
There is an rpm generously provided by knnniggett here http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=21400.
Read the readme carefully and then post back here if your still having trouble. You can ignore the part about gnutls as it seems to be working fin with the latest version.
I have it running well on F20 from the rpm above using MariaDB and the latest gnutls.
Cheers,
Jon
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

Well that sounds hopeful, but it also sounds like I should start over. Which not a big deal, but I obviously I need to be very careful.
I did try >sudo zmpkg.pl start
which results in Barewood "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed.

After I reinstall Fedora from the disk again, what else would I need to do before I can proceed with the prerequisites on that page?
jHeron

Post by jHeron »

Why would you reinstall fedora?
I had some troubles with my paths after trying to install from source which failed and then installing the rpm.
See here for what ended up working for me.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=22112
Cheers,
Jon
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I would reinstall because it sounds a lot simpler than trying to figure out what is wrong. If I don't reinstall, what would be the next step? Do I have to uninstall zoneminder? If so how do I do that?
TheKorn

Post by TheKorn »

rodeored wrote:The service will not start - mariadb is enabled but mysqld is not enabled. I wonder if that has something to do with the problem.
mysql is required for zoneminder!

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... r_Building
If that is the problem how would I fix it
Use your package manager of choice, install mysql.
jHeron

Post by jHeron »

I noticed in the readme it said mysql was recommended as well, but mariadb is working fine here. Running

$ systemctl status mysqld
will show maria is running.
rodeo: how did you install what you have now? From source?
#Make uninstall perhaps...
Cheers,
Jon
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

I used
yum install zoneminder

I just tried to install zoneminder-1.27.0-1.fc20.src.rpm from knnniggett
It said the software that was trying to be installed is not compatible with this system.
jHeron

Post by jHeron »

sudo yum remove zoneminder
will uninstall it.
Once you install the dependencies you need to install zoneminder-1.27.0-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm or zoneminder-1.27.0-1.fc20.i686.rpm depending on if you have a 64 or 32 bit processor.
Cheers,
Jon
rodeored

Post by rodeored »

Thanks, Jon
I uninstalled zoneminder, and I was able to install the first prerequisite
RPMFusion repository
The second prerequisite, perl-X10-0.03-1.noarch.rpm says
Failed to install file. An unspecified transaction error has occured. More information is available in the detailed report.
There's no indication of where that detailed report might be and I haven't found anything yet googling about it.