RE: Raspberry Pi Webcam in Zoneminder?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
motion2082

RE: Raspberry Pi Webcam in Zoneminder?

Post by motion2082 »

Hey guys,

I have a RPi at home running "Motion". I can get a webstream of my webcam in my browser on 192.168.1.xx:8585

But when I add it to zoneminder all I get is a blank jpeg placeholder with no image.

Has anyone been able to get this working on their setup?
linuxsense

Re: RE: Raspberry Pi Webcam in Zoneminder?

Post by linuxsense »

I am not familiar with Motion. What protocol is that URL providing? A good way to test is to use VLC and find a method to view it, much quicker than changing ZM settings over and over looking for success.
motion2082

Post by motion2082 »

linuxsense wrote:I am not familiar with Motion. What protocol is that URL providing? A good way to test is to use VLC and find a method to view it, much quicker than changing ZM settings over and over looking for success.
"Motion" is great if you want a RPi+Webcam out of the box that Motion Detects. However if you want to use a 3rd party program like ZM then the RPi doubles up on Motion Detection which is not what I want to happen.

I have googled RPi + Webcam and everyones tutorials says install "Motion". I don't actually need the "Motion" function on the RPi. Not sure if I can edit the /etc/motion/motion.conf to turn this functionallity off.

Alternately I would be happy with a Webcam streamer that broadcasts a videostream on my IP address.

On a side note, ZM can pick up the "Motion" webcam on IP address using 192.68.x.x:8081/video.cgi however the RPi is working overtime to maintain 1280x720 @ 3MP and send information to ZM so you get too many dropped frames.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

have you tried to stream the RPi webcam with FFserver and FFmpeg and then capture on a machine running ZoneMinder. I have read that zoneminder has been sucessfully installed on Raspberry Pi. Then zoneminder was the streamer remote for the second ZoneMinder as master controller.
motion2082

Post by motion2082 »

rockedge wrote:have you tried to stream the RPi webcam with FFserver and FFmpeg .
Trying to work this out atm. Does motion run ffserver at the same time?

Here is part of my ffserver.conf , not sure if im doing it right

Code: Select all

# Multipart JPEG
<Stream test.mjpg>
Feed feed1.ffm
Format mpjpeg
VideoFrameRate 2
VideoIntraOnly
NoAudio
Strict -1
</Stream>

#Single JPEG
<Stream test.jpg>
Feed feed2.ffm
Format jpeg
VideoFrameRate 2
VideoIntraOnly
VideoSize 352x240
NoAudio
Strict -1
</Stream>
EDIT - 102.168.x.x:8081/test.jpg is now working in Zoneminder when "motion" running on the RPi