ZM 1.27 Centos 6.5 Install Issues

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
eworthy

ZM 1.27 Centos 6.5 Install Issues

Post by eworthy »

Hello there,

I am attempting to install 1.27 on a 2nd 64bit computer. I just installed 1.27 on a 32bit last week with a few issues but got through them.

On this install, I got everything working except these two things:
1. When I add a new camera or modify it, the screen goes blank and just sits there. (small screen with config options) I see this error in the Apache log: "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function fixDevices() in /var/www/html/zm/includes/actions.php on line 553"
So I commented out //fixDevices(); on line 553 and now the window goes away. I notice there is no function named fixDevices on my 32bit code so something has changed with the source code since I downloaded it last week. (or maybe I'm screwed up here...)

2. When an event is triggered, I see it in /var/log/messages and then it closes. On the main screen in ZM, the events still stay at 0, even after a browser refresh. If I click on the camera, it shows a live view and it also shows the events. So, I have something wrong with the main screen. Maybe it is related to commenting out the fixDevices above?

I'm attaching my notes for the install. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Once I'm done, I'll gladly post all of my notes so others can learn.
zm_install.zip
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (141.59 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
PacoLM

Re: ZM 1.27 Centos 6.5 Install Issues

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

Off-topic here...impressive image quality, which camera are you using?

Regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
eworthy

Post by eworthy »

I have two cameras I jsut bought. Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I & DS-2CD2032-I

They are amazing for the price.

I just ordered a Synology and will use that for my NVR. I've spent too many hours on ZM. Too bad though. I would gladly pay for a stable ZM product. $200-$500 as it would be worth it to me.

~Eric
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

According to your install, you built from source using the git master branch and you used the RPMforge repo.
There are a couple of issues with that.

The RPMForge repo has an ancient version of ffmpeg in it. You will get much, much better camera support if you use a newer ffmpeg, such as the one in the RPMFusion repo.

We are in the middle of a migration to php PDO, which will require a lot of testing to flush out the issues.

In the meantime, I reccommend you stay away from git cloning the mater branch until we can get past this. Instead, stick with the official 1.27.0 release.

I recommend you try again, but this time use the RPM's I have built here:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=19119

Once your repos are set up according to the instructions, yum will pull down all the dependcieis for you automatically.

I'm not saying you won't have any issues after this, but it is a good start.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/