Zoneminder streaming for Foscam fi8921w

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
dodtsair

Re: Zoneminder streaming for Foscam fi8921w

Post by dodtsair »

I do not know what changed, but it started working.

Now I can capture and pan tilt zoom with this camera.

I did notice one bug in zoneminder. I switched the control address from ip address:192.168.1.38 to domain name:fi9821w.dodtsair.myz.info because I moved the camera from physical ethernet to wifi. But zoneminder did not pickup the change. The control script continued to try to connect to 192.168.1.38. I tried restarting zoneminder but that didn't help. So I rebooted the computer and that made zoneminder pickup the change.
dodtsair

Post by dodtsair »

It was "working" per say. But due to the ffmpeg destroying frames I was getting over 200 events a day. Also throughout the day it seemed to drop ffmpeg connection and restore itself. I reconfigured the camera to do snapPictures. That reduces the framerate to .8 fps, with the occasional bad frame. The bad frames result in the entire image being red. Normally the default movement algorithm does not accept movement that is the entire image, but once the red frame has passed zoneminder sees the next couple frames as movement and logs an event. I was able to fix it by turning up the alarm frame count all the way up to 5.

So now I have a working camera that can pan and tilt but only record at .8 fps.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

Do you have anything set for the max FPS for that camera? With IP cams you want to limit the FPS on the camera and not on zoneminder.