Apache2 IP is different to zoneminder IP Address

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
Jwm

Apache2 IP is different to zoneminder IP Address

Post by Jwm »

Hi all, hope all is well.
i have installed zoneminder on linux mint, all good. But when I got a new cam, I had to change linux mint ip in order to acces the ip cam web interface in order to adjust/change the ip cam settings, which went well. I then shut the pc down to go home. The next day, start up the pc, change the ip back so it can be available on the network, all good, set the cam, got it working on zoneminder, sweet. But I noticed the ip address for apache2 is different to the ip address for zoneminder! :( can anyone help? As before apache and zoneminder had the same ip address (apache2 ip is 192.168.100.## zoneminder same ip but with /zm at the end) now apache last 2 digits is different to zoneminder last 2 digits, but it still work.
thank you :)
bbunge

Re: Apache2 IP is different to zoneminder IP Address

Post by bbunge »

Check your /etc/network/interfaces file. Normally if you get your IP address from your router you should see something like this:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
iface eth0 inet dhcp

You can also do ifconfig in a terminal (as root) and see what IP addresses are assigned to which interface.

Anything else in there and you have somehow added settings you do not need. Apache2 normally uses the "default" interface. But, it is possible to have two IP addresses running on a common interface and tell Apache which one to use. Post what you discover and maybe we can help you around your issue.

bb
Jwm

Re: Apache2 IP is different to zoneminder IP Address

Post by Jwm »

Awesome thank you.

I have just been spending some time on Zoneminder and Apache2.
The Issue that was causing this seems to be in the fact that i was changing the IP so as to be able to login to the IP Camera, but forgot to stop the Apache2 server( my own stupid fault :evil: ), which caused Apache2 to adjust it's IP as well as keeping it's original IP.
But once i have finished setting the IP Camera, I then Reset the PC and Apache2, and done the needed test's to check the IP, all good! :D

Thank you for your help, awesome! :D