Purge when full problem

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
bbunge

Purge when full problem

Post by bbunge »

I've successfully run ZM on a variety of platforms for years with few issues. I've set the Purge When Full filter to delete old events and have never had problems until this past weekend.

OS is Ubuntu 14.04-1 on a Dell Optiplex 780 Quad Core, 750 GIG drive with 8 GIG of RAM. EXT4 FS with the noatime option set in fstab.

ZM 1.26.5 installed per my Easy How to: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... e_easy_way

14 IP cameras and one USB camera set to mocord. I have the frame rate turned down to 2 FPS on most of the cameras (one 15 15 year old Axis camera is churning out images at 1 FPS! But it works!)

Purge when full was set to 95% and to delete 100 events.

OPT_FAST_DELETE was checked

The disk reached 95% and I could not log into ZM. All ZM processes seemed to stop. I was able to log into Webmin and delete a bunch of ZM images to allow me to log into ZM. I set the filter to purge at 90% and 50 events and unchecked OPT_FAST_DELETE. ZM is working quite well at these settings.

So, I pushed the filter to purge at 91% (still working), 92% (still working), 93% (still working) then jumped to 95% and ZM would not let me log in. Back to 90% and it works fine.

I've not had this problem running ZM with modect. the 95% purge filter seemed to work well. Is there something about mocord that would call for a lower purge %?

Any suggestions why I had problems???

bb