Newbie with webcam Logitech Pro 9000 Needs help configuring

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
loisach

Newbie with webcam Logitech Pro 9000 Needs help configuring

Post by loisach »

hallo,

i am pretty new in zoneminder and with Linux, so pls excuse maybe trivial questions.

i am using 1.26.5 with Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. Web-Cam: Logitech Pro 9000 . The cam works fine on the system as they can be streamed with fire fox, vlc, cheese , etc.
When first add it shows the cam green on the console. But after sometime the cam gives red screen. If i change the resolution on zm it might show again green .. and later it goes red. :( :(

any help really appreciated.

thanks a lot
loisach
PacoLM

Re: Newbie with webcam Logitech Pro 9000 Needs help configu

Post by PacoLM »

loisach wrote:hallo,

i am pretty new in zoneminder and with Linux, so pls excuse maybe trivial questions.

i am using 1.26.5 with Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. Web-Cam: Logitech Pro 9000 . The cam works fine on the system as they can be streamed with fire fox, vlc, cheese , etc.
When first add it shows the cam green on the console. But after sometime the cam gives red screen. If i change the resolution on zm it might show again green .. and later it goes red. :( :(

any help really appreciated.

thanks a lot
loisach
Try to read this links, maybe it helps: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zonem ... 8gf564H4Cg

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
mythedoff

Re: Newbie with webcam Logitech Pro 9000 Needs help configu

Post by mythedoff »

On my zoneminder 1.25 Ubuntu 12.04 server box, I have been using at least a version of that webcam for a couple of years.
lsusb reveals:
ID 046d:0990 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Pro 9000

for me:
Maximum FPS 5
Device path: /dev/video0
Capture Method: Video For Linux version 2
Device Channel 0
Device Format NTSC
Capture Palette YUYV
Capture Width 1440
Capture Height 1080